Are the Jews God's Chosen People?

What does the Bible teach about these topics?
David

Are the Jews God's Chosen People?

Post by David »

One of the things I found interesting about this video was the fact that the bloodlines of Jews were mixed up with Edomites after the return from exile in Babylon, and that other groups "joined" the Jews in the century after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD so that basically you have the Jews made up of other groups who called themselves Jewish even though they were not of genealogical roots of Abraham. It made me remember the warnings given in Revelation of "those who say they are Jews, but are not." They then moved northward into what is present-day Ukraine... which gives one pause for thought.

Last edited by David on Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Re: Are the Jews God's Chosen People?

Post by David »

I've read part of Alexander Solzhenitzen's book "200 Years Together" which is an account of the Russian/Jewish history in that region from the 18th century up to the Bolshevik revolution. Of note is the fact that this book is a rough translation from Russian, and hasn't been released in cleaned-up form yet in English, like you'd purchase at a book store. One has to consider that there have been forces at work to prevent this book from being mainstream.

The main theme I've seen so far in this book is that the "Jews" in that region were not interested in assimilating into the land but had their own agenda and did not want to cooperate with others. It's known that these groups were asked to leave or were kicked out of many areas over the centuries. But somehow the locals could not get cooperation with the Jewish groups to work in a harmonious way.
David

Re: Are the Jews God's Chosen People?

Post by David »

Here is a link to the book on Archive.org. There are several file formats to download. According to one review, the book has been available in Russian and French and was a bestseller. It just hasn't been done in English til this edition became available.

https://archive.org/details/200YearsTogether